Our mission is to make Judaism meaningful, dynamic and vital for every one of our members.
We would like to invite all the women of PSC to join us. All women of PSC are members of PS Women. PS Women are also members of the international organization, Women’s League of Conservative Judaism. You can find more information about this organization at https://www.wlcj.org. We are a diverse group of women with ages covering a wide range. Thanks to proceeds from your past dues, the Judaica Shop and the Purim Project, we are able to make an annual donation to Kesher: The Greenburg Religious School, Mazon and Masorti. We also help support Women’s League for Conservative Judaism through annual dues, and donate to the Torah Fund which helps support the Jewish Theological Seminary in N.Y., The Zeigler School of Rabbinic Studies in L.A. and The Schechter Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem, The Zacharias Frankel College in Germany, and the Meyer Latin American Rabbinical Seminary in Argentina.
The Goals of PS Women are:
- Further Jewish education for women as well as support a full program of Jewish education for children and young adults
- Promote the ideals of Conservative Judaism by stressing ethical and religious practices in daily living and the observance
- Develop the personal growth of each of our members and promote friendship through programs that are religious, educational, cultural, civic, social and recreational
- Advocate responsibility for and involvement in community, national and world affairs
Typical Activities and Events
- Operates Peninsula Sinai Women’s Judaica Shop
- Holiday Boutiques for High Holy Days, Chanukah and Passover
- A reimagined Orah Gift Shop
- Supports Kesher: The Greenberg Religious School through fundraising and Judaica shop sales
- Purim Mishloach Manot Project
- Social Action Project – Shalom Bayit Adopt-A-Family for Chanukah
- Starting during the pandemic, weekly Schmooze and Social event on Zoom open to all of our members
- PSW Reads
For more information contact any of the PSW board members.
Each year PS Women adopt a family from Shalom Bayit to provide basic necessities, food and Chanukah gifts to battered women and their children. For abused women starting a new life, many having left their homes and possessions behind, Adopt-A-Family is an opportunity for hope and help in getting back on their feet.
Thanks in advance for your generosity!