Sunday, May 4 is Mitzvah Day!
It's time to sign up for PSC's annual Mitzvah Day!
On Sunday, May 4, you can choose from these great opportunities:
- CPR Training. Learn how to save someone's life! At the end of this three-hour class at PSC, you'll be certified to help choking victims and perform CPR on infants, children and adults. Participants must be at least 12 to attend. Cost is $40/person. 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Snacks and drinks provided.
- Tutor training. Help a struggling reader or English-language learner at our local elementary schools. The Jewish Coalition for Literacy will train you to become a literacy tutor so you can share the love of reading with schoolchildren. Free. At PSC. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Snacks and drinks provided.
- Second Harvest Food Bank. Always a popular activity! In past years, we've helped bag produce, sorted cans and filled boxes with non-perishables. Open to all ages, though not ideal for kids under age 5. 10 a.m. to noon, at the warehouse in San Carlos. (Directions and waiver will be provided to participants.) Please bring canned good and non-perishables to stock the shelves!
- Rebuilding Together/Peninsula. Help put away the tools and building supplies that volunteers use to repair low-income homes and non-profits throughout the area. 10 a.m. to noon. Volunteers must be at least 14. At the Redwood City warehouse. (Directions and waiver will be provided to participants.)
- San Bruno Mountain Bog Trail restoration. Wear long pants, sturdy shoes and layered clothing. Tools and beverages will be provided. Bring a picnic lunch to enjoy when you're finished, and enjoy a hike in the area. Open to all ages. 10 a.m. to around noon. (Directions to be provided.)
- Singalong at a senior center. Perfect for families and folks of all ages! Sunday afternoon at a local nursing home. Fun percussion instruments and song sheets provided. No musical skill required - just a desire to entertain. Time and location coming soon!
Reserve spaces today for yourself, your kids and your friends who'd like to join us. There's no such thing as too many volunteers! Click to sign up!
Contact coordinator June Bell at email@example.com or 650-345-2878 with any questions.