Peninsula Sinai Women
Our mission is to make Judaism meaningful, dynamic and vital for every one of our members.
We would like to invite all the women of Peninsula Sinai to join us. Many of you are current members. Some of you have been members in the past and others have not yet been part of our group. We are a diverse group of women with ages covering a wide range. Thanks to proceeds from your past dues, the Judaica Shop and the Purim Project we are able make an annual donation to the Greenburg religious school, Mazon and Masorti. We also help support Women’s League for Conservative Judaism through annual dues, and make some contribution to Torah Fund which helps support the Jewish Theological Seminary in N.Y., The Zeigler School of Rabbinic Studies in L.A. and The Schecter Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem.
The Goals of PS Women are:
- Further Jewish education for women as well as support a full program of Jewish education for children and young adults.
- Promote the ideals of Conservative Judaism by stressing ethical and religious practices in daily living and the observance.
- Develop the personal growth of each of our members and promote friendship through programs that are religious, educational, cultural, civic, social and recreational.
- Advocate responsibility for and involvement in community, national and world affairs.
Activities and Events:
- Operates Peninsula Sinai Women's Judaica Shop
- Holiday Boutiques for High Holy Days, Chanukah and Passover
- Reimagined Orah Gift Shop opened in the Fall of 2015
- Supports the Greenberg Religious School through fundraising and Judaica shop sales
- Purim Mishloach Manot Project - Click here for Hamentaschen orders and Mishloach Manot donations
- Social Action Project - Shalom Bayit Adopt-A-Family for Chanukah
- Upcoming Events:
- Sunday, August 7 at 10:30am: Summer Brunch and General PSW meeting at the home of Audrey Silverman
- Sunday, September 11: High Holiday Sale
- Tuesday, October 18: Social Event in the Sukkah immediately after minyan
- Saturday, October 22: Sisterhood Shabbat
- Tuesday, November 1: Book Club right after minyan, in the Beit Midrash - The book will be "The Beauty of Jerusalem"
- Sunday, December 11: Chanukah Sale
- Sunday/Monday December 11 and 12: North by Northwest Regional Fall Board Meeting and Leadership Training in San Jose
- Sunday, December 18: Chanukah Sale and PSW Paid up Brunch
- Tuesday, January 17 at 12:30pm: Movie at Audrey's home
- February: Baking Hamentaschen
- Sunday, March 5: Packing Mishloach Manot bags
- March Date TBD: Women's League Education Webinar
- March Date TBD: Girls night out
- Sunday, April 2 in the afternoon: Miriam's Seder
- Tuesday, May 9 after minyan: Book Club
- July 23-26, 2017: National Women's League Convention in Arlington, Virginia
For more information contact any of the PSW board members.
Adopt-A-Family provides basic necessities, food, and Chanukah gifts and/or gift cards to battered women and their children facing the holidays alone. For abused women starting a new life, many having left their homes and possessions behind, Adopt-A-Family is an opportunity for hope and help in getting back on their feet. Here is a little information about the family we are adopting:
Alison is a Jewish single mother of an elementary aged girl who needed to flee her marriage due to constant emotional abuse that was becoming physical. She also has two college age teenagers, a boy and a girl. Alison began to see her daughter becoming increasingly worried and upset, and left to help create a safe environment for them both. They are beginning to thrive emotionally, even through the financial strain of building a new life.
All members of PSC are invited to help make this family’s Chanukah brighter. You can either purchase a gift or make a donation. You can sign up online or let Sue Blockstein (firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-465-2572) know if you will be making a donation or buying a gift by December 18. Gifts will be collected at the PS Women’s Brunch on December 18. If you can’t make that, please contact Sue.
Our PSW board this year looks forward to welcoming new members to PSW.
Women who are new members to PSW get the first year free and should contact Audrey at email@example.com. Please feel free to contact any of us if you have questions.
President: Audrey Silverman
Treasurer: Sue Blockstein
Secretary: Sandy Greene
Board Member at Large: Kyle Willis
Immediate Past President: Lisa Reitman
Board Representative: Sue Blockstein
Judaica Shop Chairs: Lisa Reitman and Sandy Shepler