Peninsula Sinai Women
Our mission is to make Judaism meaningful, dynamic and vital for every one of our members.
We would like to invite all the women of Peninsula Sinai to join us. Many of you are current members. Some of you have been members in the past and others have not yet been part of our group. We are a diverse group of women with ages covering a wide range. Thanks to proceeds from your dues, the Judaica Shop and the Purim Project we are able make an annual donation to the Greenburg religious school, Mazon and Masorti. We also help support Women’s League for Conservative Judaism through annual dues, and make some contribution to Torah Fund which helps support the Jewish Theological Seminary in N.Y., The Zeigler School of Rabbinic Studies in L.A. and The Schecter Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem.
The Goals of PS Women are:
- Further Jewish education for women as well as support a full program of Jewish education for children and young adults.
- Promote the ideals of Conservative Judaism by stressing ethical and religious practices in daily living and the observance.
- Develop the personal growth of each of our members and promote friendship through programs that are religious, educational, cultural, civic, social and recreational.
- Advocate responsibility for and involvement in community, national and world affairs.
Activities and Events:
- Operates Peninsula Sinai Women's Judaica Shop
- PS Women members receive a 10% discount when shopping at the Judaica Shop
- Holiday Boutiques for High Holy Days, Chanukah and Passover
- Reimagined Shop opening this fall with exciting new merchandise
- Supports the Greenberg Religious School through fundraising and Judaica shop sales
- Purim Mishloach Manot Project
- Social Action Project - Shalom Bayit Adopt-A-Family for Chanukah
- Upcoming Events:
- Summer Potluck Brunch - August 2
- Grand Reopening of our reimagined Judaica Shop - August 30
- Sponsoring Kiddush during Sukkot - October 3
- Evening in the Sukkot - Date TBD
- Chanukah Brunch and Gift Shop Sale - November 22, with special guest speaker Rachel Koff on Jewish Genetics
Shalom Bayit Adopt-A-Family:
Adopt-A-Family provides basic necessities, food, and Chanukah gifts and/or gift cards to battered women and their children facing the holidays alone.
For abused women starting a new life, many having left their homes and possessions behind, Adopt-A-Family is an opportunity for hope and help in getting back on their feet.
Here is a little information about the family we are adopting:
Lynn escaped a emotionally and financially abusive relationship after feeling trapped for years. She began to lose her confidence, feel constant fear,and suffer from ill health effects. Lynn reached out to Shalom Bayit for support. She learned about the cycle of abuse and was relieved to learn she was not to blame. She carefully planned a way to leave the relationship, and is now rebuilding her life, and feeling stronger each day. She is filled with hope and envisions a bright future ahead.
You can either donate money or purchase a specific gift. Gifts can be delivered to the PS Women Chanukah brunch on November 22.
Please sign up here so we know what gift you are intending to purchase.
Questions - Contact Sue Blockstein at email@example.com or 650-465-2572
Our PSW board this year looks forward to welcoming new members to PSW.
Please feel free to contact any of us if you have questions.
President: Audrey Silverman
Treasurer: Sue Blockstein
Immediate Past President and Board Rep: Lisa Reitman
Judaica Shop Chairs: Lisa Reitman and Sandy Shepler